Monday, July 4, 2011

Hard Work is it's Own Best Reward


The last year has proved the truth of  the title of this post over and over again to me. It's been a year of phenomenal personal growth. I've worked (played with yarn) many more hours a day than any other time in my life. I'm so focused on knitting, designing and teaching that I dream about it almost every night. 

I'm also very surprised to discover that I'm a writer as well. I started this blog as a way of tracking my progress since leaving the corporate world. Now I catch myself writing posts in my head and I rarely go anywhere with out a pen and notepad to jot down blog topics and design ideas as they occur to me. 

This quote proved to be very illuminating to me. "A writer writes not because he is educated but because he is driven by the need to communicate. Behind the need to communicate is the need to share. Behind the need to share is the need to be understood." Leo Rosten

I think the sharing part is what's driving me most right now.

My reading has changed as well, about half of it is now business related. I still love my mysteries and I can hardly wait for my library to get the newest just published Inspector Wexford. I'm working my way concurrently through (in order) Miss Marple, and Poirot. Since I'm almost done with Wexford I'm starting Colin Dexter's Inspector Morse from the beginning. The nonfiction part of my reading varies widely from lots of knitting technique materials to positive psychology, fashion, marketing and any other topic that piques my interest. 


What are you reading, any good suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog of course, and enjoy your interwievs. I love Lisa Marklunds (swedich crime novells)books to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like mysteries - Reginald Hil and Tana French spring to mind. I just finished Bel Canto and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete