Monday, October 27, 2014

Is your Bone Structure Small Meduim or Large?

The information below comes from the book Fabulous Fit by Judith A Rasband and Elizabeth L. G. Liechty. It's meant for sewers not knitters but covers some interesting details knitters don't usually think about. It turns out that while I am petite as determined by my height, I have a medium bone structure. The fashion rule is to choose items in alignment with your bone structure. Once you know what your frame size is you can pick clothing and accessories appropriate to your size. As a medium framed petite I prefer medium scale items. In the past I was often given little delicate pieces of jewellery as gifts. I never understood before I found this chart why I didn't like it on me. Does this information help you?

If you are carrying extra weight subtract 1/8"  for every 30 extra pounds for a more accurate assessment.

Petite Height (under 5'4")
Wrist Measurement 5 1/2" or less - Small bone size or frame
Wrist Measurement 5 5/8 - 6" - Medium Bone Size or Frame
Wrist Measurement 6 1/8" or more Large Bone Size or Frame

Height - Medium (5'4" - 5'7")
Wrist Measurement 5 3/4" or less Small Bone Size or Frame
Wrist Measurement 5 7/8" to 6 1/4" Medium Bone Size or Frame
Wrist Measurement 6 3/8" or more Large Bone Size or Frame

Height - Tall (Over 5'7")
Wrist Measurement 6" or less -Small Bone Size or Frame
Wrist Measurement 6 1/8" to 6 1/2" Medium Bone Size or Frame
Wrist Measurement 6 5/8" or more Large Bone Size or Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment