Monday, May 8, 2017

Toronto Knitters Frolic and Spring Social

 
Add caption


I didn't get time last weekend to post about these two events. On Saturday I worked in the Signature Yarns booth at the Toronto Knitters Frolic with Patrick and his amazing team of Chris, Caitlin, Janet, Susan, Barbara, Wanda, Jeanette, Dale, Jim and of course me! Jeanette, Wanda, Dale and I had all knit some of the samples in the booth. It was wonderful to be able to have customers speak to the person who had knit the items they were interested in. Jeanette is an amazingly fast knitter and has created the beautiful samples for many of my designs. 

Sunday was the social event. There was a caterer providing an afternoon tea, the amazing art of Debbie New and speeches by Sally Melville and Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. The event was hosted by Patrick Amy Singer of Knitty Magazine and Julia Grunau of Patternfish. I thoroughly enjoyed the event.  We ended with a fashion show with garments by Sally Melville, Kim McBrien, Fiona Ellis, Kate Atherley and Universal Yarns as well as yours truly.

There's an flickr page here with photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment